Call for Applications
*Some 2018 CSAS students proud award winners pose with the president of the British Society of Animal Science, Dr. Helen Miller (extreme right)*
The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) is pleased to announce the availability of travel fellowships to support attendance by its graduate and postdoctoral student members to the 2019-American Society of Animal Science and Canadian Society of Animal Science Annual Meeting and Trade Show to take place in Austin, Texas from July 8th to 11th, 2019 (https://www.asas.org/meetings/annual-2019)
Name of the Award: CSAS Graduate Student Travel Fellowship
Nature of the Award: $500.00 towards expenses for travel to the 2019 CSAS-ASAS Annual Meeting and Trade Show.
Payment of the Award: A notification of award will be issued on or before May 30th, 2019. Winners will receive the cash award during the CSAS awards night in Austin.
- Registered CSAS member
- Registered in an MSc, PhD, or postdoctoral program in a recognized Canadian university.
- CSAS student members in institutions outside Canada are also eligible to apply.
- Registered and attending the 2019 ASAS-CSAS Annual Meeting and Trade show for the purpose of presenting data (oral or poster).
- Proof of membership (CSAS membership number) and student status (photocopy of valid student ID or attestation by supervisor/head of department)
- Applicant’s abstract (version submitted) for oral or poster presentation during the meeting.
- A justification letter (max. 250 words) describing the focus of the research to be presented at the meeting and the benefits that would be gained from attending the meeting.
- A letter of recommendation (max. 250 words) from the applicant’s supervisor. The supervisor should sign and confirm that the applicant fulfils all requirements.
Application procedure: Application to be submitted by email to Leslie McKnight (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than April 12, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstance.