Nominations are now open for Western Section ASAS Graduate Student Director. Nominations are due April 17, 2017.
BENEFITS OF THIS POSITION:
- Powerful networking experience.
- Build leadership skills and opportunities.
- Develop prestige, as you will serve on the WSASAS Executive Board and the Advising and Coordinating Committee.
- Travel and expenses to Western Section meetings are covered.
- Provide a voice for fellow graduate students and peers.
TIME COMMITMENT AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is a 2-year appointment that will require 5 – 20 hours per month (time will vary depending upon the time of the year).
- Plan and implement Graduate Student activities.
- Organize the Young Scholars Award Symposium.
- Create networking opportunities through organizing the Graduate Student Mixer.
- Initiate communication and discussion forums for Western Section graduate students.
- Post event and career information on the ASAS Graduate BULLetin.
- Serve and vote on meeting issues presented during Executive Board meetings.
HOW TO NOMINATE:
Please send your nominations to Dr. Mike Salisbury (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 17, 2017.