Register Today to Attend the
Global Food Security Consortium and The Leroy and Barbara Everson Seed and Biosafety Symposium
“Closing the Yield Gap”
April 29 & 30, 2014
Gateway Hotel and Conference Center, Ames, IA
The Global Food Security Consortium (GFSC) and the Iowa State University Seed Science Center invite you to attend the 2014 GFSC Spring Symposium “Closing the Yield Gap.”
On Tuesday, April 29th, the symposium will convene for two sessions.
Scheduled speakers include:
—Session One: “Seeds and Crops”, 8:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Kenneth Cassman, University of Nebraska
- John MacRobert, CIMMYT Africa
- Harish Reddy, National Seed Association of India
- Marja Thijssen, Wageningen UR Centre for Development Innovation
· Saharah Moon Chapotin, US Agency for International Development
—Session Two: “Animals”, 1:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m
- Henning Steinfeld, Livestock, Environment, and Development Initiative, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
· Jimmy Smith, International Livestock Research Institute
- Donald Nkrumah, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Poster Session and Reception: 4:45-6:30 p.m.
On Wednesday, April 30th, the symposium will convene for one session.
—Session Three: “Sustainable Intensification”, 8:15 a.m.-Noon.
- Jerry Glover, U.S. Agency for International Development
- Steven Leath, Iowa State University
- World Food Programme Representative
- Caspar Ammann, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
- Catherine Woteki, Under Secretary for Research, Education & Economics, USDA
The symposium is sponsored jointly by funding from the ISU Presidential Initiative supporting the Global Food Security Consortium and by the family of Leroy Everson.
Registration Deadline is April 18, 2014.
To register visit: