The following list shows the 25 most-cited Journal of Animal Science articles, as of October 1, 2014. The rankings are updated monthly.
Statistical analysis of repeated measures data using SAS procedures.
- R C Littell, P R Henry, and C B Ammerman
- J ANIM SCI April 1998 76:1216-31
Genetic and phenotypic variance and covariance components for feed intake, feed efficiency, and other postweaning traits in Angus cattle.
- P F Arthur, J A Archer, D J Johnston, R M Herd, E C Richardson, and P F Parnell
- J ANIM SCI November 2001 79:2805-11
Acidosis in cattle: a review.
- F N Owens, D S Secrist, W J Hill, and D R Gill
- J ANIM SCI January 1998 76:275-86
Feedstuff Evaluation:BOARD-INVITED REVIEW: Use of distillers by-products in the beef cattle feeding industry
- T. J. Klopfenstein, G. E. Erickson, and V. R. Bremer
- J ANIM SCI May 2008 86:1223–1231; published ahead of printDecember 21, 2007, doi:10.2527/jas.2007-0550
Efficiency of Feed Use in Beef Cattle
- Robert M. Koch, L. A. Swiger, Doyle Chambers, and K. E. Gregory
- J ANIM SCI May 1963 22:486–494
Growth and Developmental Biology:BOARD-INVITED REVIEW: Intrauterine growth retardation: Implications for the animal sciences
- G. Wu, F. W. Bazer, J. M. Wallace, and T. E. Spencer
- J ANIM SCI September 2006 84:2316–2337;doi:10.2527/jas.2006-156
NONRUMINANT NUTRITION:Nutrient database for distiller’s dried grains with solubles produced from new ethanol plants in Minnesota and South Dakota
- M. J. Spiehs, M. H. Whitney, and G. C. Shurson
- J ANIM SCI October 2002 80:2639–2645
Applied Animal Science:Carcass Composition in Mature Hereford Cows: Estimation and Effect on Daily Metabolizable Energy Requirement During Winter
- J. J. Wagner, K. S. Lusby, J. W. Oltjen, J. Rakestraw, R. P. Wettemann, and L. E. Walters
- J ANIM SCI March 1988 66:603–612
Nonruminant Nutrition:BOARD-INVITED REVIEW: The use and application of distillers dried grains with solubles in swine diets
- H. H. Stein and G. C. Shurson
- J ANIM SCI April 2009 87:1292–1303; published ahead of printNovember 21, 2008, doi:10.2527/jas.2008-1290
Nonruminant Nutrition:Invited review: Amino acid bioavailability and digestibility in pig feed ingredients: Terminology and application
- H. H. Stein, B. Sève, M. F. Fuller, P. J. Moughan, and C. F. M. de Lange
- J ANIM SCI January 2007 85:172–180; doi:10.2527/jas.2005-742
Overview of the effects of beta-adrenergic receptor agonists on animal growth including mechanisms of action.
- H J Mersmann
- J ANIM SCI January 1998 76:160-72
Wet corn distillers byproducts compared with dried corn distillers grains with solubles as a source of protein and energy for ruminants.
- G A Ham, R A Stock, T J Klopfenstein, E M Larson, D H Shain, and R P Huffman
- J ANIM SCI December 1994 72:3246-57
Applied Animal Science:Effect of Varying Levels of Postpartum Nutrition and Body Condition at Calving on Subsequent Reproductive Performance in Beef Cattle
- M. W. Richards, J. C. Spitzer, and M. B. Warner
- J ANIM SCI February 1986 62:300–306
Prediction of net energy value of feeds for growing pigs.
- J Noblet, H Fortune, X S Shi, and S Dubois
- J ANIM SCI February 1994 72:344-54
Utero-placental vascular development and placental function.
- L P Reynolds and D A Redmer
- J ANIM SCI June 1995 73:1839-51
Inhibition of growth by pro-inflammatory cytokines: an integrated view.
- R W Johnson
- J ANIM SCI May 1997 75:1244-55
Growth and Developmental Biology:Effects of two β-adrenergic agonists on finishing performance, carcass characteristics, and meat quality of feedlot steers
- L. Avendaño-Reyes, V. Torres-Rodríguez, F. J. Meraz-Murillo, C. Pérez-Linares, F. Figueroa-Saavedra, and P. H. Robinson
- J ANIM SCI December 2006 84:3259–3265;doi:10.2527/jas.2006-173
Starch utilization by ruminants: from basics to the bunk.
- G B Huntington
- J ANIM SCI March 1997 75:852-67
Nonruminant Nutrition:Amino acid and energy digestibility in ten samples of distillers dried grain with solubles fed to growing pigs
- H. H. Stein, M. L. Gibson, C. Pedersen, and M. G. Boersma
- J ANIM SCI April 2006 84:853–860
Methane emissions from cattle.
- K A Johnson and D E Johnson
- J ANIM SCI August 1995 73:2483-92
Nonruminant Nutrition:Digestibility of energy and phosphorus in ten samples of distillers dried grains with solubles fed to growing pigs
- C. Pedersen, M. G. Boersma, and H. H. Stein
- J ANIM SCI May 2007 85:1168–1176; published ahead of printJanuary 15, 2007, doi:10.2527/jas.2006-252
The biology of leptin: a review.
- K L Houseknecht, C A Baile, R L Matteri, and M E Spurlock
- J ANIM SCI May 1998 76:1405-20
Consumer thresholds for establishing the value of beef tenderness.
- M F Miller, M A Carr, C B Ramsey, K L Crockett, and L C Hoover
- J ANIM SCI December 2001 79:3062-8
Management:BOARD-INVITED REVIEW: Recent advances in management of highly stressed, newly received feedlot cattle
- G. C. Duff and M. L. Galyean
- J ANIM SCI March 2007 85:823–840; published ahead of printNovember 3, 2006, doi:10.2527/jas.2006-501
Assessment of stress during handling and transport.
- T Grandin
- J ANIM SCI January 1997 75:249-57