February 9, 2016 – The 2016 Southern Section Meeting wraps up today in San Antonio. Attendance at this year’s meeting bested last year’s record-setting number. The number of registrants for this year’s meeting was 295. This total includes 63 undergraduates, 85 graduate students and 147 professional members.
Thank you, sponsors!
The Southern Section expresses gratitude to the 2016 award sponsors:
- National Pork Board (sponsor of the Swine Industry Award for Innovation)
- Elanco Animal Health (for sponsoring the Young Animal Scientist – Research Award)
- Boehringer Ingelheim, Vetmedica Division (for sponsoring the Extension Award)
- Alltech (Young Animal Scientist – Education Award sponsor)
- ASAS Foundation (sponsor of the Undergraduate Paper Competition and the Graduate Student Research Abstract Competition)
- General meeting sponsors include Alltech and Novus International.
Join us in Tennessee!
Plans are already underway for the 2017 meeting, so mark your calendar and make plans to join us Feb. 4-7 at the 2017 Southern Section Meeting in Franklin, Tennessee!
Photo: An evening walk by the Alamo, San Antonio, Texas.