February 22, 2016 – Several 2016 Resolutions (not reported on during the 2016 Southern Section annual Business Meeting held Feb. 8, 2016 in San Antonio, Texas) were emailed to the Southern Section membership last week by Dr. John Arthington, Southern Section Past President. A copy is provided here.
Southern Resolution No. 1. Recognition of the Host of the 2016 American Society of Animal Science Southern Regional Academic Quadrathlon.
- Whereas, the faculty, staff, and students of Texas A & M University Department of Animal Science contributed to the success of the annual meeting of the Southern Section of the American Society of Animal Science in a positive manner by ensuring that participants in the Southern Regional Academic Quadrathlon had an educational and enjoyable experience;
- Therefore be it resolved, that the Secretary of the Southern Section extend an expression of the Society’s Appreciation to Texas A & M University Department of Animal Science for the willing support of their faculty, staff, and students and for the professionalism with which they hosted the academic quadrathlon.
Resolution No. 2. Recognition of Chairs and Members of Special-Event and Technical-Session Committees.
- Whereas, the primary purpose of the gathering of the Southern Section of the American Society of Animal Science is to foster the exchange of scientific knowledge related to the responsible use of animals to enhance human life and well-being; and
- Whereas, the chairs and members of the various special-event and technical-session committees have played significant and professional roles contributing to the quality and success of the meeting;
- Therefore be it resolved, that the membership express appreciation to the committee chairs and members for their roles in facilitating a productive meeting.
Resolution No. 3. Recognition of Sponsors and Supporters of the Southern Section of the American Society of Animal Science Professional Awards.
- Whereas, recognition of colleagues that have excelled in research, education, and/or extension is an important and noteworthy part of the Society, and sponsorship of awards requires cooperation and financial support from numerous organizations and businesses;
- Therefore be it resolved, that the Secretary of the Southern Section of the American Society of Animal Science, the award recipients, and the general membership extend sincere appreciation to our sponsors and supporters for their generosity in the furtherance of animal agriculture.
Resolution No. 4. Commendation of the officers of the Southern Section and members of the National Headquarters staff of the American Society of Animal Science.
- Whereas, the officers of the Southern Section and members of the National Headquarters staff of the American Society of Animal Science have worked together diligently to ensure the success of the Southern Section through their leadership and positive attitudes:
- Therefore be it resolved, that the membership of the Southern Section extend a sincere thank you to the section officers and members of the ASAS Headquarters staff, and express with a resounding round of applause our gratitude to all of our colleagues throughout the Southern Section who have worked so diligently toward a successful annual meeting.
The Resolutions Committee of the 2016 Southern Section of the American Society of Animal Science moves adoption of these resolutions