March 31, 2016 – The ASAS Foundation is a Platinum Level Sponsor of the 2016 Midwest Meeting, held earlier this month in Des Moines. Many symposia at the meeting are sponsored by Foundation Appreciation Clubs.
Here are just some of the impactful symposia supported by the Foundation:
- Gary Allee Symposium, entitled “Changing consumer/customer demands, opportunities for nutritionists.” It was sponsored by the Gary Allee Appreciation Club.
- David H. Baker Amino Acid Symposium, sponsored by the David H. Baker Appreciation Club.
- Bentley Symposium and Lunch, sponsored by the Orville Bentley Appreciation Club, featured a discussion of “Dietary strategies to ameliorate the physiological effects of heat stress in livestock,” by Frank Dunshea of Australia.
- Harlan Ritchie Symposium, featuring a discussion of the forthcoming 2016 Beef NRC, was sponsored by the Harlan Ritchie Appreciation Club.
- David Schingoethe Symposium, entitled “Modifying milk composition to enhance marketability,” was sponsored by the David Schingoethe Appreciation Club.
About the photo: A great turnout at the Bentley Lecture and Lunch during the 2016 Midwest Meeting.