We're still accepting abstracts for the 2018 Midwest Meeting, but here's a sneak peek at the speaker line up of one of the many great symposia being planned for the 2018 Midwest Meeting.
Beef Extension/Small Ruminant Symposium
Title: Producing and Marketing Beef in a New Era
Beef production and marketing have evolved to a new level. Beef production will continue to supply U.S. consumers with a safe, nutritious and wholesome product, but marketing has expanded beyond the borders to include not only North America, but other emerging global markets. The challenge for the U.S. beef industry will be producing a product for evolving markets and new beef consumers. Hence, this symposium will focus heavily on beef processor requirements and expectations of U.S. beef packers and producers to supply product that is competitive in domestic and global markets.
Topics and speakers include:
* The 2016 National Beef Quality Audit: Is the U.S. Beef Industry Meeting the Challenge?
– Dr. Deb VanOverbeke, Oklahoma State University, and Jesse Fulton, National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
* Challenges and Opportunities in Marketing Dairy Beef – Ty Lawrence, West Texas A&M University
* Ensuring Beef’s Domestic Market – John Butler, Beef Marketing Group and past president U.S. Roundtable for Sustainable Beef
* Marketing Beef Beyond the U.S. Border: What are the Expectations? – Phil Seng, former chair U.S. Meat Export Federation
The Midwestern Section Extension - Beef/Small Ruminant Program Committee is comprised of Beth Doran, chair, Iowa State University; Jason Rowntree, Michigan State University; and Warren Rusche, South Dakota State University.
Join us in Omaha, Nebraska, March 12-14, 2018!