We are now taking Western Section Abstracts and Proceedings. Submissions will remain open through March 16, 2018. Please note the following changes in submissions:
- All Western Section Abstracts and Proceedings should be submitted together via the Translational Animal Science (TAS) website. Please note, for publication purposes, the abstracts will be displayed in the Western Section App and the papers minus the abstracts will be published as a supplement to TAS. We are publishing in conjunction with TAS and without attached abstracts to help protect Western Section members future publication rights. Undergraduate Competition submissions only require an abstract, which should be emailed as a Microsoft Word Document to Meghan Wulster-Radcliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Because submission is through the TAS Scholar One website, please leave adequate time to submit your paper. If you do not have a TAS account, you will need to create one and all author information will need to be entered.
- Because you are submitting through the TAS Website, you will no longer be required to submit separate forms for copyright or page charges.
- Please follow these instructions:
To submit, go to the TAS website
- Select Submit from the top bar, follow to submission site. Login using your TAS User ID and Password. If you do not already have a login and a password you will need to create an account.
- Once logged in, Click Author on top tool bar followed by Start a New Submission on the left hand tool bar.
- A pop up will alert you to the $100 submission fee standard with this submission. In this case that is the full Western Section Proceedings Paper fee. You will pay the paper and publications fee at submission. This fee is not refundable if the paper is rejected.
- Click Begin New Submission.
- Scroll down the Type Menu and choose the very last option: Western Conference Abstracts.
- Enter all paper material as asked.
- Please note: If your paper is being submitted for the competitions, please write Competition (Undergrad or Grad) at the beginning of the Running Head.
Submission should be completed following TAS Style and Form. In addition, submission should be done as you would submit a paper for publication in TAS. Please do not submit already formatted pdfs (this is how we previously did Western Section Papers – now we are asking that submissions are done exactly as dictated by TAS).
Western Section Proceedings papers are limited to 4 journal pages, this equates to approximately 500 words per page with space for figures and tables. Because every paper is different, we cannot give you exact numbers. However, if your proceedings is significantly above 4 printed pages, we will charge $100 per additional page.
- TAS Instructions to Authors
- Graduate Student Paper Competition Guidelines and Score Sheets
- Undergraduate Poster Competition Guidelines and Score Sheet
Important Dates and Deadlines:
Proceedings Paper Deadline - March 16, 2018
Early Registration Deadline - May 1, 2018
Housing Deadline - May 29, 2018