By attending the 2018 ASAS-CSAS Annual Meeting in Vancouver, you can learn a lot about animals, apart from the meeting.
Did you know…?
- At least 500 species of animals are known to live in Stanley Park including: bald eagles, bats, beavers and harbor seals.
- All of the grey squirrels in Stanley Park are descendants of 8 pairs of squirrels gifted to the park from New York City in the early 1900’s.
- Whale watchers often are treated to sightings of pacific gray whales, humpback whales and killer whales.
- Greater Vancouver Zoo is home to many rescued, donated and orphaned animals.
- The Vancouver Aquarium houses more than 70,000 animals.
- There are actual bee hives on top of the Vancouver Convention Center.