The AAAS Annual Meeting is the world’s largest multidisciplinary science gathering, with exciting scientific sessions, renowned speakers, and valuable networking opportunities.
Scientific session and career development workshop proposals are now being accepted for the AAAS Annual Meeting. The 2019 meeting will take place February 14-18, 2019 in Washington, DC.
Submission Deadline: April 19, 2018
The 2019 meeting theme—Science Transcending Boundaries—explores ways science is bringing together people, ideas, and solutions from across real and artificial borders, disciplines, sectors, ideologies, and traditions.
We especially welcome proposals for 10-minute flash talks, and proposals specifically addressing the interdisciplinary research challenges of:
- Infection control (in addition to ‘traditional’ medical research into antimicrobial resistance, also addressing how the social sciences are used to understand how populations interact with the issue)
- Living with environmental change (including how engineering, physics, earth and social sciences, finance and politics can help us as a species to successfully adapt)
- Plastics and other waste (e.g. not just the scale of its spread and impact, but alternate technologies, reclamation, etc. – incorporating a mix of the physical, life and social sciences)
- Food security (not just agricultural productivity, but food storage and distribution through transportation networks, better designed cities, reduced packaging and waste, and faster transit times from farm to fork)
- Meeting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (e.g. including international capacity building in research and education)
- Research in areas ‘beyond sovereign governments’: deep oceans, upper atmosphere, space, polar regions (international collaboration, engineering, physics)
Please consider submitting a proposal to present your research to the multidisciplinary community of AAAS Annual Meeting attendees. This is a unique opportunity to speak across sectors and disciplines, and amplify the impact of your work. See our website for more detail on session formats, tips, and FAQs about proposal submission.
Call for Reviewers – deadline April 8, 2018
AAAS is looking for scientific session proposal reviewers to help us shape a strong and well-balanced program for 2019 (a Ph.D. is required, or a terminal degree in your field). You may submit a proposal and also sign up to review other proposals. Reviewers must be available to conduct their reviews online during the review period, May 16 – June 1, 2018. Sign up to be a reviewer before April 8, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or (202) 326-6450.