Recruit members - Win a computer!
ASAS is committed to empowering animal scientists with vital information to help you make informed decisions for yourself and our field. Your professional success is critical to ASAS’ success today and in the future. ASAS has been fortunate enough to enjoy record membership over the last 5 years - and we are hoping to continue to build on that momentum.
ASAS can only succeed through its members. Each new ASAS member provides new insight, new knowledge and a new voice to the field of animal science. The more members we have, the stronger our organization is. Therefore, we want to encourage you to help shape the future of our profession by recruiting your colleagues, students and friends to become ASAS members. To help make it fun…we have devised a bit of a contest.
Here is how it works:
Step 1: Recruit members!
Discuss ASAS membership with your colleagues, keep in mind the many advantages that it offers, including:
• An e-subscription to theJournal of Animal Science(JAS),Translational Animal Science(TAS) andAnimal Frontiers(AF).
• Reduced registration costs to theAnnual Meeting, all sectional meetings and international meetings.
• Access to a twice-weekly online newsletter,Taking Stock.
• Access to our outreach materials atwww.AnimalSmart.org.
• Eligibility for travel awards and society awards (theASAS Foundationalone distributes approximately $100,000 in monetary awards per year).
• Access to theASAS Public Policy programsincluding the new Snack and Fact program, Taking Stock D.C., white papers, webinars, and expert lists.
• Opportunities to serve in leadership roles both on boards (national or sectional) and on committees.
• Access to theASAS Career Center, where applicants can learn about positions in academia and industry.
Step 2: When one of your “recruits” joins ASAS, make sure they list you in the “referred by” box on the membership form.
Step 3: Your name will automatically be entered into a drawing to receive an ASAS gift basket.
Step 4: Keep Recruiting!
For every 10 members you recruit, you will receive a beautiful ASAS boxed pen.
Step 5: You’re not done yet! Keep Recruiting through June 15, 2019!
You accumulate points for each new member you recruit between September 18 and June 15. The more new members you recruit, the more points you accumulate, and the greater your prize! (In case of a tie for any of the levels below we will draw names.)
Points will be assigned as listed below:
Undergraduate Students = 1 pt
Graduate Students = 5 pt
Professional Members / Post-doctoral Members = 10 pt
Win the top prize!
The member accumulating the greatest number of points will receive their choice of:
• A laptop/tablet (valued up to $1500)
• ASAS page charges for one open access article
The member with the second highest points will receive:
• The item not chosen from above (laptop/tablet or page charges)
The member with the third highest points will receive:
• A free meeting registration to an ASAS meeting of their choice
The member with the fourth highest points will receive:
• A free membership to ASAS for one year
If you have any questions please reach out to Melissa Burnett (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Lindsey Burnett (email@example.com).
Have fun and Good Luck!