Dear ASAS Member,
Submit your nomination for the 2019 ASAS National Awards!
The ASAS Awards Program is set up to honor the most significant contributions of our members to Animal Science, Animal Agriculture and to ASAS. The National Awards are one of our favorite programs in the office, because the awards honor our history, celebrate our membership and grant a glimpse of the future.
A few NEW things about the ASAS Awards Program this year:
- ASAS is utilizing a new awards system this year through Cadmium (the same system we use for abstract submission). You will be asked to create a username and login for this site. If you have previously submitted an abstract, you will use the login information you created for abstract submission. If you have any questions, or require more information, please contact Emily Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ASAS Board has voted, and we are excited to announce, a change to the Awards Ceremony at the 2019 ASAS National Meeting. To better honor our colleagues who are receiving achievement awards, ASAS will request that these recipients give a 30 minute presentation within their section/discipline highlighting their work and achievements. The awards listed below will be presented during the recipient’s presentation at the ASAS Annual Meeting in Austin.
- Agri-King Outstanding Animal Science Graduate Student Award
- American Feed Industry Association Award in Nonruminant Nutrition Research
- American Feed Industry Association Award in Ruminant Nutrition Research
- Animal Growth and Development Award
- Animal Industry Service Award
- Animal Management Award
- Animal Physiology and Endocrinology Award
- Bouffault International Animal Agriculture Award
- Corbin Award in Companion Animal Biology
- Distinguished Teacher Award
- Early Career Achievement Award
- Equine Science Award
- Extension Award
- Gary L. Cromwell Award for Mineral Nutrition
- Meats Research Award
- President’s Award for International Achievement
- Rockefeller Prentice Award in Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Wettemann Graduate Scholar in Physiology Award
- In addition, the ASAS Lifetime Achievement Awards (listed below), will be presented and honored at the ASAS Opening Session in Austin.
- L.E. Casida Award
- Morrison Award
- Fellow Administration
- Fellow Extension
- Fellow Industry
- Fellow Research
- Fellow Teaching
- ASAS Retiree Service Award
- The following student scholarship awards will be recognized at the ASAS Business Meeting:
- Wilson Pond Travel Scholarship
- Tucker Travel Scholarship
- Fontenot Travel Scholarship
The deadline for award nominations is 3:00 pm CST on Monday, January 7, 2019.
We look forward to seeing you in Austin!