Join us November 4, 2019 in Hershey, PA for the Regional meeting of the 2019 Northeast Section of ASAS and Branch of ADSA. Register today to take advantage of the early registration savings, rates increase October 9! Don't forget to book your housing, deadline is October 4.
The program will focus on the progeny resulting from breeding dairy cows to beef semen. Industry and academic professional will review the current trends in numbers of crossbred calves and best practices to manage and feed those animals.
An overall schedule of events is below. The NE ADSA/ASAS will hold its annual business meeting during lunch. We invite graduate students to sign up and bring posters to present at the evening Graduate Student Poster Competition and Networking Hour. We will not be publishing or collecting abstracts, so students are able to present data published elsewhere.
Graduate students presenting posters are eligible to receive a travel scholarship to help defray the costs of travel. You must submit your presentation title and authors with their institutional affiliation in order to present in the Graduate Student Poster Competition! The cutoff date is October 1, 2019.
The meeting will be held in conjunction with the Dairy Cattle Nutrition Workshop.
If you have any questions, please contact the ASAS business office at ASAS@ASAS.org.
Monday, November 4, 2019
- 8:00AM - Registration Desk Opens
- 9:30AM - President's Welcome - Dr. Tara Felix, Penn State University
- 10:00AM - Dr. Michael Baker, Cornell University - The dairy x beef calf: the current market and future challenges to growth
- 11:00AM - Dr. Chad Dechow, Penn State University - Strategies to incorporate beef semen into dairy herds
- 12:00PM to 2:00PM - Lunch and Business Meeting
- 2:00PM - Dr. Tara Felix, Penn State University - Feeding and management of the crossbred steer
- 3:00PM - Dr. Albert DeVries, University of Florida - Economics of using beef semen in dairy cattle
- 4:00PM - Industry Panelist
- 5:00PM to 7:00PM - Networking hour and graduate student poster competition
Graduate Students - Interested in being part of the grad poster competition? You must submit your presentation title and authors with their institutional affiliation in order to present in the Graduate Student Poster Competition! The cutoff date is October 1, 2019.
See you in Hershey!