Dear ASAS Member,
Submit your nomination for the 2020 ASAS National Awards!
The American Society of Animal Science Awards Program is set up to honor the most significant contributions of our members to Animal Science, Animal Agriculture and to ASAS. The National Awards are one of our favorite programs in the office, because the awards honor our history, celebrate our membership and grant a glimpse of the future.
Carrying over from the 2018-2019 ASAS Awards Program:
- We will continue to utilize CadmiumCD (the same system we use for abstract submission). If you have any questions, or require more information, please contact Deana Green at email@example.com.
- ASAS will again request that award recipients give a 30-minute presentation within their section/discipline highlighting their work and achievements. The awards listed below will be presented during the recipient’s presentation at the ASAS Annual Meeting in Madison.
- Agri-King Outstanding Animal Science Graduate Student Award
- American Feed Industry Association Award in Nonruminant Nutrition Research
- American Feed Industry Association Award in Ruminant Nutrition Research
- Animal Growth and Development Award
- Animal Industry Service Award
- Animal Management Award
- Animal Physiology and Endocrinology Award
- Bouffault International Animal Agriculture Award
- Corbin Award in Companion Animal Biology
- Distinguished Teacher Award
- Early Career Achievement Award
- Equine Science Award
- Extension Award
- Gary L. Cromwell Award for Mineral Nutrition
- Meats Research Award
- President’s Award for International Achievement
- Rockefeller Prentice Award in Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Wettemann Graduate Scholar in Physiology Award
- L.E. Casida Award
- In addition, the ASAS Lifetime Achievement Awards (listed below), will be presented and honored at the ASAS Opening Session in Madison.
- Morrison Award
- Fellow Administration
- Fellow Extension
- Fellow Industry
- Fellow Research
- Fellow Teaching
- ASAS Retiree Service Award
- The following student scholarship awards will be recognized at the ASAS Business Meeting:
- Wilson Pond Travel Scholarship
- Fontenot Travel Scholarship
We look forward to seeing you in Madison!