Join us November 4, 2019 in Hershey, PA for the Regional meeting of the 2019 Northeast Section of ASAS and Branch of ADSA.
The program will focus on the progeny resulting from breeding dairy cows to beef semen. Industry and academic professional will review the current trends in numbers of crossbred calves and best practices to manage and feed those animals.
An overall schedule of events is below. The NE ADSA/ASAS will hold its annual business meeting during lunch.
The meeting will be held in conjunction with the Dairy Cattle Nutrition Workshop.
If you have any questions, please contact the ASAS business office at ASAS@ASAS.org.
Monday, November 4, 2019
- 8:00AM - Registration Desk Opens
- 9:30AM - President's Welcome - Dr. Tara Felix, Penn State University
- 10:00AM - Dr. Michael Baker, Cornell University - The dairy x beef calf: the current market and future challenges to growth
- 11:00AM - Dr. Chad Dechow, Penn State University - Strategies to incorporate beef semen into dairy herds
- 12:00PM to 2:00PM - Lunch and Business Meeting
- 2:00PM - Dr. Tara Felix, Penn State University - Feeding and management of the crossbred steer
- 3:00PM - Dr. Albert DeVries, University of Florida - Economics of using beef semen in dairy cattle
- 4:00PM - Industry Panelist
- 5:00PM to 7:00PM - Networking hour and graduate student poster competition
See you in Hershey!