2020 Science Policy Internship *Due - Dec 4*
Interested in being a Science Policy Intern? Applications are now being accepted. Read below for more information.
1. Provide experience for undergraduates or graduate students in legislative, regulatory, or administrative science policy activities in Washington, D.C., related to animal science or the production of animal-sourced foods. This experience may enhance the interns' careers.
2. Provide assistance with federal legislative, regulatory, or administrative science policy activities to enhance support for animal science and animal agriculture in Washington, D.C.
3. Provide undergraduate or graduate students with opportunities to communicate science to policy makers and the general public.
4. Encourage more people to choose a career in public policy at the federal, state, or local level.
1. At the date of application, students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program closely related to animal science (e.g., agricultural economics, agricultural business, food science/products, environment) in an accredited college or university in the United States.
2. Experience with farm animals, equine or companion animals is desired, but not necessary.
3. Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
4. Preference will be given to students who are members of ASAS. Information on ASAS membership is available at: https://www.asas.org/join-asas/individual-membership.
More information regarding the application process can be found on the ASAS webpage.