The Midwest Section of the American Society of Animal Science is working hard towards providing an in-person scientific meeting in March of 2021. We are taking every measure to insure a safe and successful meeting. Because we know that every state and country may have different guidelines, wherever, possible we are following CDC and WHO directives. In addition, we plan to provide a virtual option.
As you begin prepping abstracts, submitting abstracts, and making travel plans, we wanted to take a moment to inform you about several of the changes to the meeting format designed to facilitate a safe and successful meeting:
- In order to allow for the WHO and/or CDC guidances for social distancing, we can only have 900 participants on-site.Therefore, the first 900 to register for on-site attendance will be allowed to attend in person.We will not limit registrations; above and beyond the 900 are welcome to attend the virtual meeting. Please note abstract submission and acceptance do not guarantee on-site attendance.In-person attendance will be granted to the first 900 to register for on-site attendance.
- Badge pick up and on-site check in will be touchless.
- Unless there is a change in CDC and/or WHO guidelines, masks will be required of all attendees, guests and staff, at all times. Masks will be provided at badge pickup. Plastic shields instead of masks will be provided to speakers.
- Enhanced and frequent disinfection and cleaning of all public spaces, restrooms and high touch areas (including ePosters).
- Sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- Signage and markers to remind and encourage distancing and hygiene practices.
- Oral presentations will be made in larger rooms to allow for CDC and/or WHO social distancing guidelines.
- We will likely change the structure of a number of social events to make sure we can provide high-quality networking opportunities while we keep everyone safe (all suggestions are welcome).
- We will remain a paperless meeting.
Look for registration details to be launched in early October 2020.
As the 2021 ASAS Midwest Section Meeting approaches, we are excited and hopeful that this will be one of the first large scale in-person meetings to occur in light of the COVID-19 global pandemic. Please note that the ASAS Midwest Board of Directors reserves the right to convert the meeting to all virtual in the event that the board does not believe the meeting can be held safely. If the meeting were to be converted to all virtual, on-site registrations would be converted to virtual registrations and housing through the Midwest ASAS housing block would be canceled automatically without penalty.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the ASAS office at firstname.lastname@example.org the ASAS CEO at email@example.com.
Midwest 2021 Details
The ASAS Midwest Section Meeting will be held in Omaha, Nebraska from March 08-10, 2021. Below are important details regarding abstract submissions and award nominations. Registration and housing details will be available soon.
The deadline to submit an abstract is November 6, 2020 at 3:00 PM CST. Abstracts not meeting this deadline will be rejected. All abstracts must be submitted electronically.
Abstracts can be submitted for the following sessions:
- Oral or Poster Presentations
- Graduate Student Oral Competition
- Undergraduate Student Oral or Poster Competition
The deadline to submit an award is November 10, 2020 at 3:00 PM CST. There are numerous Midwest members who deserve to be recognized for their contributions to the science of animal agriculture. Please nominate your deserving colleagues today.
We look forward to seeing you in Omaha