Dear ASAS Member,
Award nominations are now open for the 2021 ASAS-CSAS Annual Meeting and Trade Show!
The American Society of Animal Science Awards Program is set up to honor the most significant contributions of our members to Animal Science, Animal Agriculture, and ASAS. The National Awards are one of our favorite programs in the office, because the awards honor our history, celebrate our membership, and grant a glimpse of the future. Please nominate your deserving colleagues today.
Please note the following:
- ASAS will again request that award recipients give a 30-minute presentation within their section/discipline highlighting their work and achievements. The awards listed below will be presented during the recipient’s presentation at the ASAS-CSAS Annual Meeting and Trade Show in Louisville.
- Agri-King Outstanding Animal Science Graduate Student Award
- American Feed Industry Association Award in Nonruminant Nutrition Research
- American Feed Industry Association Award in Ruminant Nutrition Research
- Animal Growth and Development Award
- Animal Industry Service Award
- Animal Management Award
- Animal Physiology and Endocrinology Award
- Bouffault International Animal Agriculture Award
- Corbin Award in Companion Animal Biology
- Distinguished Teacher Award
- Early Career Achievement Award
- Equine Science Award
- Extension Award
- Gary L. Cromwell Award for Mineral Nutrition
- H. Allen Tucker Lactation and Endocrinology Award
- Meats Research Award
- Rockefeller Prentice Award in Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Wettemann Graduate Scholar in Physiology Award
- In addition, the ASAS Lifetime Achievement Awards (listed below), will be presented and honored at the ASAS Opening Session in Louisville.
- Morrison Award
- Fellow Administration
- Fellow Extension
- Fellow Industry
- Fellow Research
- Fellow Teaching
- ASAS Retiree Service Award
- The following student scholarship awards will be recognized at the ASAS Business Meeting:
- Wilson G. Pond International Travel Award
- Joseph P. Fontenot Travel Scholarship Award
- H. Allen Tucker Graduate Student Travel Scholarship
The deadline for award nominations is on Friday, January 15, 2021 at 3:00 PM CST.
We look forward to seeing you in Louisville!