Several graduate and undergraduate student competitions took place this week during the Midwest Meeting. Undergraduate and Graduate oral and poster competition winners were recognized during the Virtual Awards Program Tuesday evening March 9, 2021.
Congratulations to the following students for their hard work and achievements!
Results of the Undergraduate Oral Competition
- 1st- Cierra Roubicke, Kansas State University - Evaluation of Antimicrobial Activities of Phytophenols Against Bacterial Pathogens That Cause Liver Abscesses in Feedlot Cattle
- 2nd- Brianna M. Lynnes, University of Wyoming - Ovarian Follicular Profiling of High- and Low-immunocrit Gilts on Postnatal Day 14
- 3rd- Jocelyn Sheets, Purdue University - Histomorphic Analysis of the Effect of Day and Level of Colostrum Intake on Jejunum
Results of the Undergraduate Poster Competition
- 1st- Hailey Hedrick, Purdue University - Evaluation of an electronically-controlled Floor Cooling Pad on Semen Quality in Boars During Moderate Heat Stress
- 2nd- Evan Speckman, Texas A&M University - The Relationship Between Litter Size and Functional Teat Number at Farrowing on Litter Size at Weaning
- 3rd- Michelle Johnson, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - Effects of Mowing on Forage Availability and Quality During the Summer
Results of the MS Graduate Oral Competition
- 1st- Renae L. Sieck, University of Nebraska-Lincoln - A De novo Recessive Mutation Causative of Mandibulofacial Dysotosis in Hereford Cattle
- 2nd- Jenna A. Chance, Kansas State University - Live Yeast and Yeast Extracts with and Without Pharmacological Levels of Zinc on Nursery Pig Growth Performance and Fecal Escherichia coli Antimicrobial Resistance
- 3rd- Megan Myerscough, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - Effects of Housing Cow-calf Pairs on Drylots vs Pasture on Calf Performance and Behavior Through Weaning
Results of the Ph.D. Graduate Oral Competition
- 1st- Kirsten Nickles, The Ohio State University - Muddy Environmental Conditions Cause Conceptus Free Live Weight Loss but Not a Decrease in Calf Birth Weight When Compared with Cows Housed on Wood Chips
- 2nd- Jessica L. Sperber, University of Nebraska-Lincoln - Effect of Biochar Supplementation in Beef Cattle Finishing Diets on Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Carcass Performance
- 3rd- Leticia P. Sanglard, Iowa State University - Novel Genomic Regions Associated with Igg Antibody Response to PRRSV Vaccination Revealed by Haplotype-based GWAS
The recorded presentations can be found on the Midwest Meeting Website.