Each year we receive thousands of emails announcing Black Friday specials, Small Business Saturday incentives and Cyber Monday deals, but we receive far fewer advertisements for a day when we can truly make a difference: Giving Tuesday!
This year, the ASAS Foundation asks that you give to ASAS or the Foundation on Giving Tuesday. Excitingly, the ASAS Foundation has agreed to match any donation, from the Foundation General Fund, given to the following fund on Giving Tuesday!
ASAS Foundation Initiative on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The ASAS Foundation and ASAS are committed to supporting and enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion efforts within Animal Sciences. As such, the Foundation is working to generate funding to support Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts at the International, National and Sectional levels. This fund will be used to develop innovative programs designed to create measurable, transformative and sustainable advancement of our continual efforts to serve animal scientists world wide.
The ASAS Foundation has many ways to give throughout the course of a year, providing over $100,000 in direct support to members of the American Society of Animal Science. The ASAS Foundation ensures student travel, internships, international engagement, publication, awards, and the highest quality scientific programming. Donate to one or more of the below funds online.
Foundation Funds supporting scientific meetings include:
- Billy Day Appreciation Club
- Charles Maxwell Appreciation Club
- CDGKV Appreciation Club
- David H. Baker Appreciation Club
- George Fahey Appreciation Club
- Harlan D. Ritchie Appreciation Club
- Orville Bentley Appreciation Club
- Rodney L. Preston Appreciation Club
- Ronald D. Randel Appreciation Club
- Terry Klopfenstein Appreciation Club
Foundation Initiatives recognizing members include:
- Gary Cromwell Appreciation Club
- James Sartin Appreciation Club
- James W. Lauderdale Appreciation Club
- Jean Claude Bouffault International Award Fund
- L.E. Casida Award Fund
- Jim Corbin Award Fund
Foundation Initiatives funding students include:
- Gary L. Allee Appreciation Club
- Gretchen Hill Appreciation Club
- H. Allen Tucker Appreciation Club
- Joseph P. Fontenot Appreciation Club
- Robert Wettemann Appreciation Club
- Wilson G. Pond Appreciation Club
- Tim S. Stahly and Ernest R. Peo, Jr. Memorial and Tribute Fund
Foundation Initiatives funding efforts in Washington, DC include:
- Barb Glenn Appreciation Club
- Harold D. Hafs Appreciation Club
- Jack H. Britt Appreciation Club
- Louis J. Boyd Appreciation Club
- Robert G. Zimbelman Appreciation Club
As you are considering donations on Giving Tuesday, we humbly ask that you consider giving to ASAS or the ASAS Foundation.