Over the past several weeks, we have each received hundreds of emails announcing Black Friday Specials, Small Business Saturday Incentives and Cyber Monday Deals, but we receive far fewer advertisements for a day when we can truly make a difference: Giving Tuesday!
This year, as you are considering donations on Giving Tuesday, we humbly ask that you consider giving to the ASAS Foundation.
The ASAS Foundation expresses heartfelt appreciation for the generosity of our ASAS members and corporate sponsors, making what the ASAS Foundation does possible! We are thankful for every gift we receive.
So far this year, Foundation activity by the numbers:
- 1 – Agriculture Intern supported in D.C.
- 6 – Graduate Student and Young Animal Scientist Travel Scholarships awarded
- 4 – Distinguished Lectures
- 5 – Symposia, supporting 32 renowned speakers
- 10 – Travel scholarships to WCGALP
- 14 – Graduate students recognized with prestigious awards
- 24 – Professional ASAS members recognized with prestigious awards
In addition, the ASAS Foundation enhanced Annual Meeting, supported student competitions, and encourages young students to pursue Animal Science with our Jr. Animal Scientist program and more!
This means that while you are giving back to your “home society,” you are also paying it forward to current and future animal scientists. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you!
Signature ASAS Foundation Funds:
- The Legacy Fund: This fund is dedicated to supporting our highest priorities. Funds may be used for, but not limited to, student travel scholarships, student competitions, graduate student achievement awards, D.C. interns, enhancing and expanding excellence in animal science programming and increasing the number of members recognized for their transformational work in animal science. In addition, this fund supports DE&I work, the Jr. Animal Scientists program, Animal Frontiers, and supporting the National Meeting.
- Innovations in Animal Breeding and Genetics Award Fund: This fund is dedicated to honoring, recognizing and celebrating our members' transformational and distinguished work in animal breeding and genetics research. After thoughtful deliberation, ASAS retired the annually funded Rockefeller Prentice Memorial Award in Animal Breeding and Genetics Award to establish an endowed award, assuring its commitment to honoring exceptional animal breeding and genetics research.
- Swine Nutrition Heritage Fund: This fund will provide animal scientists with the opportunity to learn about emerging concepts, tools of study, and strategies for breakthrough health and nutrition advancements by inviting an industry expert to lead a partial-day workshop on emerging nonruminant technology. In addition, it will support a travel scholarship for a distinguished graduate student member of ASAS whose research is in nonruminant nutrition to attend an ASAS-supported meeting. In addition, this fund celebrates the extraordinary nonruminant nutritionists' lineage of the University of Lincoln-Nebraska's professors and industry leaders that can be traced back to Drs. Ernie Peo, Murray Danielson, Austin Lewis, Ronnie D. Moser, and so many more “giants.”
With more than 30 ASAS Foundation funds to choose from, visit ASAS Foundation Funds to find a fund that supports a cause that is meaningful to you. Contributions are accepted online, or you may mail a check payable to American Society of Animal Science to ASAS Foundation, PO Box 7410, Champaign, IL 61826-7410. For information on more ways to give, such as with gifts of securities or an IRA’s QCD, please visit Ways To Give.
The ASAS Foundation has many ways to give and, throughout the course of a year, provides over $80,000 in direct support back to members of the American Society of Animal Science. The ASAS Foundation ensures student travel, internships, international engagement, publication, awards, and the highest quality scientific programming.
In January 2023, the ASAS Foundation will launch its 25th Anniversary Campaign, Fostering Innovators for the Future. Contributions now and throughout 2022 support this upcoming 25th Anniversary campaign.