How to Get Involved
Join a Committee
Programming committees are responsible for establishing relevant symposia and reviewing general abstracts. This includes:
- Working together to draft symposia proposals. Each programming committee is encouraged to submit multiple proposals for consideration.
- Review and provide light technical edits to general abstracts assigned to you by the program chair. Not all committees will receive general abstracts. Some committees may need to seek out colleagues to act as additional reviewers.
- Depending on the number of general sessions, committee members may be asked to act as session chairs at the meeting.
- All committee members are asked to serve for at least 3 years with the expectation to serve as committee chair at the end of the third year.
Become a Reviewer
- While committee members are expected to act as reviewers, committees often have to seek outside help to get through large numbers of abstract submissions.
If you want to get involved as a committee member or additional reviewer, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Get involved - Meeting Title and Year"