2020 ASAS-CSAS-WSASAS Virtual Annual Meeting and Trade Show Abstract and Program Details
2020 MEETING HIGHLIGHTS
- Awardee Talks: To showcase award winners, awardees will give special extended talks within the live-streamed symposia.
- On-Demand: Each day of the meeting, 12-minute Oral Presentations and 3-minute Posters will be released at 7:00 AM Central on the day the "virtual session" is scheduled.
- Live-Stream: All Symposia, Workshops, Business Meetings and the Opening Session will be live-streamed.
- Q&A Options: All live-streamed and on-demand presentations will have a Q&A feature available to communicate with the Presenting Author.
- Social Events: In addition to the high quality scientific program, there are numerous opportunities to network at various virtual social events, including evening happy hours, a live-streamed band (The Jimmys), Mentor Chats and lunches!
The ASAS-CSAS-WSASAS 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting and Trade Show App is available for download on your mobile device at (search for ASAS Meetings):
Oral Presentation Information
- Invited Symposia Speakers: All Symposia will be conducted live online. They will also be recorded to allow viewing after the meeting. Presentation details coming soon!
- 12-Minute Talks: These will be prerecorded as voice over PowerPoint which will be uploaded ahead of time and released on the day they are scheduled to be presented with question and answer capabilities available through the meeting
The 12-minute talk upload and recording is a two-step process. First, upload the oral presentation PowerPoint file, wait until the next day for the upload to appear, and then record the audio through the system. Record audio for each slide separately. Audio may be recorded more than once for each slide.
Oral Upload Deadline: Wednesday, July 8 at 11:59 PM CST.
Poster Presentation Information
Poster Presentations: These will be done as a single slide, voice over PowerPoint with a 3-minute presentation, released on the day it is scheduled for presentation with question and answer capabilities available through the meeting app/website.
Poster Presentation Requirements:
- For publishing purposes, the poster upload must be in a PDF file at the highest resolution possible.
- The aspect ratio (ratio of width to height) needs to be 16:9.
- The complete poster is limited to one slide only. That means one single page for your PDF file.
- Fonts should be sans-serif (e.g., Arial, Calibri, etc.)
- Minimum font size should not be smaller than 6pt
The poster upload and recording is a two-step process. First, upload the poster PDF file, wait 5 minutes for the upload to appear, and then record the audio through the system. Audio may be recorded more than once.
Poster Upload Deadline: Wednesday, July 8 at 11:59 PM CST.
- Presentations will be posted for all attendees at 7:00 AM on the day the session is scheduled.
- There is no set time for Q&A as attendees will be able to view the presentation at their convenience throughout the day.
- Q&A will occur through the meeting app/website where presenters can answer when most convenient.
- Presenters are not expected to be available the entire session time.
Late-breaking abstract submissions are closed! The submission deadline was Friday, May 22, at 3:00 PM CST.
Note: All accepted Late-Breaking abstracts will be scheduled as a Virtual Poster presentation. Select Late-Breaking Abstract as the submission category.
Regular abstract submissions are closed! The submission deadline was May 1, 2020 at 3:00 PM CST.
Abstract text is limited to 300 words, excluding title, keywords and any tables. Do not double-space between sentences as this extra space is considered a word in the count.
Tables can be added as a PDF during the abstract submission process. Use the Table Guidelines and view the examples prior to submission. This will allow for a consistent display within the Meeting App and Website.
Additional questions can be submitted to Debbie Zagorski at email@example.com