2019 Regional Meeting of the Northeast Section of ASAS and Branch of ADSA
The program will focus on the progeny resulting from breeding dairy cows to beef semen. Industry and academic professional will review the current trends in numbers of crossbred calves and best practices to manage and feed those animals.
Graduate students presenting posters are eligible to receive a travel scholarship to help defray the costs of travel. Submit your presentation title and authors with their institutional affiliation through the online form to secure your poster space today! The cutoff date is October 1, 2019.
The meeting will be held in conjunction with the Dairy Cattle Nutrition Workshop, so plan ahead to attend both!
- Professional Member prior to October 9, 2019 - $65
- Professional Member after October 9, 2019 - $95
- Professional Nonmember prior to October 9, 2019 - $100
- Professional Nonmember after October 9, 2019 - $120
- Student - $45
Submit your nominations for the 2019 ASAS/ADSA Awards! Deadline to submit is October 1, 2019 at 3:00 PM CDT.
Monday, November 4, 2019
- 8:00AM - Registration Desk Opens
- 9:30AM - President's Welcome - Dr. Tara Felix, Penn State University
- 10:00AM - Dr. Michael Baker, Cornell University - The dairy x beef calf: the current market and future challenges to growth
- 11:00AM - Dr. Chad Dechow, Penn State University - Strategies to incorporate beef semen into dairy herds
- 12:00PM to 2:00PM - Lunch and Business Meeting
- 2:00PM - Dr. Tara Felix, Penn State University - Feeding and management of the crossbred steer
- 3:00PM - Dr. Albert DeVries, University of Florida - Economics of using beef semen in dairy cattle
- 4:00PM - Industry Panelist
- 5:00PM to 7:00PM - Networking hour and graduate student poster competition
Graduate Students - Interested in being part of the poster competition? Submit your presentation title and authors with their institutional affiliation through the online form to secure your poster space today! The cutoff date is October 1, 2019.
325 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
Visit the Lodge web site for information about hotel amenities or directions
Conference rate is $139/night (single or double room)
Reserve your room by Friday, October 4, 2019
In addition to the great science you will hear at the meetings, Hershey is also a great family destination. Touted as “The Sweetest Place on Earth®”, Hershey offers an amusement park, water park and of course, Hershey’s Chocolate World®.
We hope to see you in 2019 in Hershey!
Thank you to our 2019 sponsors!
Links to previous meetings abstracts and programs can be found below:
2016 (Abstracts) (Program)
2015 (Abstracts) (Program)
2014 (Abstracts) (Program)
2013 (Abstracts) (Program)
2012 (Abstracts) (Program)
2011 (Abstracts) (Program)
2010 (Abstracts) (Program)
2009 (Abstracts) (Program)
2008 (Abstracts) (Program)