The 2023 Southern Section Meeting was held in Raleigh, North Carolina, January 21-24, 2023
Mobile App (Online Program)
The ASAS 2023 Southern Section Meeting Mobile App is available! Options for using the Mobile App include:
- Apple iOS Devices - install the free Apple iOS App
- Android Devices - install the free Google Play App
Install the free 'ASAS Meetings' app, then open it and search for '2023 ASAS Meeting'.
- Presentation slide format should be in PowerPoint standard screen size (4:3)
- Each session room will be equipped with a laptop, projector and screen for the presentations
- Presentation total time is 15 minutes (12 minutes for the talk and 3 minutes for Q&A)
Abstract submission is closed for the 2023 Southern Section Meeting. Deadline was October 7, 2022 at 3:00 PM CT.
Abstract text is limited to 450 words, excluding title, keywords and any tables. Do not double-space between sentences as this extra space is considered a word in the count.
Tables can be added as a PDF during the abstract submission process. Use the Table Guidelines to allow for a consistent display within the Meeting App and Website.
- Abstract Submission Instructions
- Abstract Quality Standards
Student Competition Guidelines
- Student Competitions Guidelines
- 3-Minute Thesis Rules and Information
- 3-Minute Thesis Judging Criteria and Scoresheet
NOTE: A single PowerPoint slide in standard screen size (4:3) should be used for the competition presentation.
Invited Speaker Agreement/Reimbursement Policy
NOTE: At this time, the Southern Section has opted not to reimburse members inside the section for travel or registration.
2023 Call for Award Nominations is closed -- Award Deadline: December 2, 2022
2023-2024 Call for Election Nominations is closed -- Nominations Deadline: October 3, 2022
Future Meeting Locations
2024 - Louisville, KY, January 27-30