2022 Western Section Meeting
Sheraton Park City
Park City, Utah
September 20-22, 2022
Sheraton Park City
1895 Sidewinder Dr
Park City, Utah 84060
Single/Double-$158.00 per night.
*There is a $10 per night per room discounted destination fee that includes wifi, parking, 2 bottled waters replenished daily, 15% off food and beverage in Timbers Restaurant and Bar, (excluding alcohol) and shuttle to Main Street.
Submit an abstract for the 2022 ASAS Western Section Meeting! Abstract submission deadline is July 1, 2022 at 3:00 PM Central time.
- Original research, teaching, and extension papers are encouraged. Oral papers or posters should consist of original, completed work that has not been accepted for publication.
- Authors need to be aware of patent considerations before submitting abstracts for publication.
- Abstract text is limited to 450 words, excluding title, keywords and any tables. Do not double-space between sentences as this extra space is considered a word in the count.
- Tables can be added as a PDF during the abstract submission process. Use the Table Guidelines and view the examples prior to submission. This will allow for a consistent display within the Meeting App and Website.
Applied Animal Science Award Submissions
The Applied Animal Science Awards are selected from WSASAS abstract submissions and supporting videos. The award deadline is the same as the WSASAS abstract submission deadline. Award Guidelines
For an abstract to be considered for the award it will require:
- an abstract submission with the check box selected noting interest in being considered for the award AND
- a three-minute video (no more than three slides) to be submitted no more than 15 days after the abstract deadline. Videos need to follow the guidelines of the 3MT videos. Video Submission
- Undergraduate Student Poster Guidelines and Score Sheet
- Graduate Student Paper Guidelines and Score Sheet
Returning for 2022 - Graduate Student Three-Minute Video Competition
2022 meeting submissions open Summer 2022.
This competition will challenge graduate students of the Western Section to communicate their research projects effectively and concisely to a general audience, without using jargon. The 3-minute video should focus on the student’s research project and participants are encouraged to think outside of the box.
Available Summer 2022
Available August 2022
2022-2023 Western Section Board Call for Nominations closes June 13, 2022.