2023 Western Section Meeting
The Riverside Hotel
2900 Chindren Blvd
Boise, ID 83714
September 12-14, 2023
The 2022 Western Section meeting mobile app is available for download! Install the free 'ASAS Meetings' app, then open it and search for '2022 Western Section Meeting'.
- Apple iOS Devices - install the free Apple iOS App and download the meeting program to your device
- Android Devices - install the free Google Play App and download the meeting program to your device
Late-Breaking abstract submission for the 2022 ASAS Western Section Meeting is now closed. Note: All accepted late-breaking submissions will be scheduled as poster presentations. The abstract submission deadline was August 12, 2022 at 3:00 PM Central time.
- Original research, teaching, and extension papers are encouraged. Oral papers or posters should consist of original, completed work that has not been accepted for publication.
- Authors need to be aware of patent considerations before submitting abstracts for publication.
- Abstract text is limited to 450 words, excluding title, keywords and any tables. Do not double-space between sentences as this extra space is considered a word in the count.
- Tables can be added as a PDF during the abstract submission process. Use the Table Guidelines and view the examples prior to submission. This will allow for a consistent display within the Meeting App and Website.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Applied Animal Science Award Submissions
The Applied Animal Science Awards are selected from WSASAS abstract submissions and supporting videos. The award deadline is the same as the WSASAS abstract submission deadline. Award Guidelines
For an abstract to be considered for the award it will require:
- an abstract submission with the check box selected noting interest in being considered for the award AND
- a three-minute video (no more than three slides) to be submitted no more than 15 days after the abstract deadline. Videos need to follow the guidelines of the 3MT videos. Video Submission
- Undergraduate Student Poster Guidelines and Score Sheet
- Graduate Student Paper Guidelines and Score Sheet
- Poster Presentation Guidelines
Returning for 2022 - Graduate Student Three-Minute Video Competition
Submission Deadline is 11:59 PM Central on August 12, 2022
This competition will challenge graduate students of the Western Section to communicate their research projects effectively and concisely to a general audience, without using jargon. The 3-minute video should focus on the student’s research project and participants are encouraged to think outside of the box.
- Three-Minute Video Guidelines and Score Sheet
- Submission Form
2022-2023 Western Section Board Call for Nominations closed June 13, 2022.